Sunday, December 20, 2009

Winter is here!

Well, now we know what 20 below feels like! Actually, today it is a balmy 25 degrees, and feels quite nice outside. Since my last post, however, we have had several days where the high was below zero. It did strike me as funny when one morning I woke up and saw 3 degrees on the thermometer and was happy that it had warmed up!

Working for UPS has been challenging when the weather is below zero. I'm thankful that I only have 4 more days of work to go. The non-stop running for 7-8 hours straight has revealed some weaknesses in my knees and ankles. But overall it has been a good experience.

The gentleman we bought the milk cow from talked to the vet who checked her before we bought her, and they agree she must have aborted the calf. He feels badly and wants to get her back with his bull for another try. I hate to disagree with the experts, but her bag is definitely larger and firmer, and I can't imagine why that would happen except in preparation to feed a calf. I think God is just hooking me up with the timing, since I really didn't want the calf to come while working for UPS. Christmas Day would be fine with me, so we'll see what happens.

Not much else new. Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Is that temp usual for Minot? Cuz we've been colder this year than normal. And had more snow:)

    I will be praying for your knees and ankles to recuperate quickly. We are getting old-ER, aren't we!?!?

    Hope you get a calf soon. This is ridiculous. But it would be cool if you were right and the vet were wrong. You just never know when God is on your side.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete