Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Birth!

And no, I'm not talking about the milk cow. Sheryll's C-section was scheduled for December 30th, but today she began having contractions. She went to the doctor, and they decided to do the C-section today. So she calls me at around 4pm while I was on the UPS truck and said I should make my way to the hospital, because the delivery was scheduled for 5:30. After about an hour delay to begin the surgery, Carrie Reese Paulson was born at 7pm sharp. She weighed in at 9 lbs and 12 oz, and was 21 inches long. Since none of this was planned, we had no camera there so have no pictures yet. I'll fix that tomorrow.

Carrie had a little trouble breathing on her own at first, and her blood sugar was low. So she is currently spending the night in the NICU, but is progressing rapidly. She's already off oxygen and has normal blood sugar levels, so the only concern is some fluid in the lungs. Not unusual for a c-section baby, since it doesn't get squeezed out in the birth canal. Mom was a little more queasy than normal, but otherwise doing well.

For those who we normally would have called with this news, my apologies. We're making this up as we go!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! and you're forgiven for not calling. We will pray all are home very soon. What a great Christmas present! Merry Christmas and we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Paulsons!!! I had no idea!!!! We had our first grandbaby, Cohen Joseph on Dec 9 and have been in California. Today I check your blog and boom.....you have all sorts of news!!!!
    I praise the Lord everyone is doing great! Kari looks beautiful!!! So does your new calf.:)
    We miss your ENTIRE family. It looks as though he Lord has provided some wonderful people for y'all up there.
    Come home soon ~
    Susan

    ReplyDelete