Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Basement bathroom project

OK, so I could have closed the lid before I took the "before" picture...but the plumbing in the downstairs bathroom was interesting to say the least. The toilet was plumbed in the middle of the room, and the drain for the shower was centered on the toilet and less than 2 feet away(it's under the yellow chair), such that you had to step over the toilet or squeeze between the toilet and shower to get in. There was no plumbing for a sink. So first I moved the wall behind the toilet back about 16 inches to make room for a vanity beside the shower. Then I rented a small jack hammer and hammered out trenches in the concrete so I could move the toilet back and away from the shower, extend the shower drain back for the vanity and connect a new shower drain. It's a fairly cozy bathroom, but now at least you can wash your hands!


The way the room looked before I started.
New walls installed and new concrete in the trenches

Toilet reinstalled and operational, shower set in place.


1 comment:

  1. It's looking great! No doubt you guys are going to love having another bathroom!!

    ReplyDelete