Monday, February 28, 2011

Teachable moments

Today I was working in the downstairs bathroom, and Tanner asks from the other room, "Dad, how much money do you get in life?" Now as a homeschooling Dad, I recognize this as what we call a "teachable moment." So I said, "Well, that depends." He responds, "But how much money does everybody get in life?" I said, "Not everybody gets the same amount." He says, "They don't?" I said, "No, how much money you get depends on lots of things..." Then it hits me..."Are you talking about the game of Life?" He says, "Yeah, how much does each person get when you start?"

Talk about talking past each other!


1 comment:

  1. Ok, that is just too funny!! I love kids minds and the things they come up with but this was a conversation that could have happened to anyone. Great picture of how communication gets so contorted sometimes.

    ReplyDelete